Requirements for Membership
The first chapter of Delta Sigma Pi was founded in 1907. The Epsilon Tau chapter at the University of Dayton was founded in 1963. Delta Sigma Pi was established by business students interested in being members of an organization that promoted professional competency and achievement while still offering social activities. The fraternity still operates in that fashion today.
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce, and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
Associate member requirements
1. To apply, you must maintain at least a 2.8 GPA.
2. Each associate member is expected to attend weekly pledge and chapter meetings.
3. Associate members must pass weekly quizzes and a final exam covering the national history and organization of the fraternity.
4. A one-time initiation fee of $140.00 must be paid during the 8-week pledging period.
pledge class requirements
1. Organize each of the following: professional, community service, and social event.
2. Sponsor a fundraising project to provide funds for pledge activities.
3. Work as a team and continually support one another.